Hi, My name is Parker. I am the youngest son of Mercy, the head midwife at Comforts of Home Midwifery. I am 10 years old. This is what I think of my mom being a midwife.
The Best Part
- I like playing with the kids from all the different families.
- When my mom gets a big payment from someone, we get to go do something fun.
- We get to eat out sometimes when mom is busy with clients.
The Worst Part
- Long car rides to visit clients or pick up placentas.
- Falling asleep on those long car rides and waking up feeling yucky.
- Sitting in the office for a long time while my mom works on placentas and does prenatal visits.
- Getting woken up in the middle of the night to go to a babysitter’s house while my mom goes to a birth.
- People not paying my mom when they are supposed to.
This was an interesting exercise for me to do with my son. I kind of know the things that my older boys would say, but Parker’s answers were a little unexpected. A couple important facts should also be mentioned. Parker’s love language is gifts. He is very focused on what he can get or getting to do things. He is also very involved in the day to day running of my two businesses. So he knows things like the unexpected placenta that we encapsulated one week means that we can go to the circus, zoo, or 6 Flags. He also knows that sometimes clients get behind on payments and that certain bills are designated to those payments.
Do you work outside of the home? What do your children think of your job?