The Comfort of Home Midwifery offers a wide arrangement of services to help you in your pregnancy. Listed below are a few services that may guide you in the correct decision when looking for a midwife.
- Free Initial Consultation
- Prenatal visit every four weeks through the 27th week
- From the 28th to the 36th week, prenatal visit every 2 weeks
- From the 36th week and on, prenatal visit at least once a week until birth
- Postpartum care which includes a home visit on Day 1, 1 week, 2 weeks and 6 weeks. Phone consultation is provided at no additional charge as needed.
- Normal newborn care is included in the above visits as well.
We bill most insurances out of network. All of our services can be paid for with FSA or HSA savings cards. Fee: $6500. We offer substantial discounts for pre-payment by 34 weeks, military clients, those who qualify for Medicaid, or if choosing to use a student midwife as your primary midwife. Contact Us for more information on those discounts.
Are you committed to a natural childbirth? Are you wanting to birth in a hospital or birth center? Comforts of Home Midwifery is offering doula and montrice services.
- At least 2 prenatal visits to discuss wishes, fears and concerns for the birth of your baby. Explore comfort measures & labor support techniques as well as the role you wish me to play. Assistance with your birth plan is given. You have full access to my childbirth library books and videos. 24-hour on call beginning 2 weeks before your estimated due date. Continuous labor support as soon as the mother wishes.
- I will join you when you feel the need for extra support. Answer questions, offer encouragement and support with your labor. Offer relaxation tips, massage, position changes, hot or cold packs, water therapy, birthing ball, rocking, swaying, breathing, music or visualization techniques. I will make sure your partner’s needs are met.
- I will stay with you in the time immediately following your baby’s birth, offer assistance with breastfeeding, and make sure other non-medical needs are met. 1-2 postpartum follow-up visits are included to review your birth experience, answer any questions and provide additional newborn care and breastfeeding advice.
- I can provide you with montrice services in your home but not at the hospital. Montrice services are outside the scope and practice of a labor doula and include taking maternal vitals, assessing fetal heart tones and cervical dilation exams. These can be helpful if you are wishing to stay at home for the better part of your labor but want to be sure to make it to the hospital on time for your birth. Montrice services are not for medical treatment, but only to assess your progress in labor.
Doula/Monitrice Fees: $1200
The placenta can continue to nourish Mom and Baby through times of transition throughout the entire lifespan. There is no other medicine created by your body, made specifically for you or your child. Ingesting one’s placenta comes with many benefits. Benefits of placentophagy are supported by ongoing research but have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Benefits include and are not limited to:
- promotes smooth transition through postpartum recovery period
- less postpartum bleeding
- fewer after pains
- increased energy
- increased milk production
- decrease in postpartum depression & “baby blues”
- increase in iron
- hormonal support
- helps regulate sleep
Fee for encapsulation is $200. Encapsulation is done through our sister site, Dallas Placenta Encapsulation.